Department of Anthropology
- anthropology faculty and staff
- E-Girl STEM day at boise state
Anthropology students and faculty participate in the 10th annual e-Girls STEM program at Boise State. The workshop entitled "The History of the Human Body" explored the mosaic nature of human evolution through three hands-on stations: 1) primate vision and hands from 65 mya; 2) bipedality from 5-7 mya, and 3) big brains and tools from 2 mya.
- service learning project
ANTH service learning students make feeding tubes to challenge and entertain primates at Zoo Boise.
- archaeology field school
Welcome to the Anthropology Department website and our degree programs at Boise State University. We are a growing, research-oriented faculty with a thematic focus on human evolution and ecology. The department is committed to applying the scientific method to understanding the behavior, ecology, social relations, and sustained resource use of our species. Learn More…
Why Study Anthropology?
- Are you interested in a career in business, government, law, or medicine?
- Would you like to interpret past human activities?
- Are you concerned about the environment and want to be part of the solution?
- Are you fascinated by debates about the evolution of our species over the past 5 million years?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about becoming an anthropology major.